“Chapel Perilous, that vortex where cosmological speculations, coincidences, and paranoia seem to multiply and then collapse, compelling belief or lunacy, wisdom or agnosticism.” ~Robert Anton Wilson

Seven Benefits of Living Under Authority

missingyoumadly
    Blue Belt
    Blue Belt

Number of posts : 345
    Registration date : 2009-02-12

Seven Benefits of Living Under Authority

Post by missingyoumadly on Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

this is from a book called "Raising the Children You Want to Keep" which my dear mother lent to me in an effort to get my wild, resistant-to-authority children under "control."

Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Number of posts : 1111

Re: Seven Benefits of Living Under Authority

Post by Lucid Memes on Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:09 am

i just know this book was funded by our orwellian overlords

"Raising the Children You Want to Keep"

is the book titled that cause the gov will only let us keep our kids who are obedient to domestic authority, assuming the home as a microcosmic example of an authoritarian paternal government? is this the message?

missingyoumadly
    Blue Belt
    Blue Belt

Post by missingyoumadly on Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:04 am

Oh, definitely, Preston...let me outline the theme of the book:

1. Children are happier and behave better when they accept the authority of adults. The book specifically says this will stay with them into adulthood, this should in fact, be a goal for the parent.

2. The premise behind improving children's behavior is to use "behavior modification," in this case using rewards as a way to encourage children to behave. For example, say your son has trouble getting ready for school in the morning. You begin with a small adjustment, saying, "If you can get dressed without complaining, you will receive a piece of candy (or whatever is rewarding to the child) every day." Then, if the child complies with this to the point of it becoming a habit, you would add, "Now to get the reward you must get dressed AND brush your teeth without a fuss..." etc etc. So it is certainly a form of brainwashing, no doubt.

3. There is an anecdote by the author about a college statistics professor he had. Apparently the class was composed of mostly psychology students. They decided to see if they could modify their professor's behavior by using this system. In a matter of months, they had acheived the goal, which was for him to change his usual habit of lecturing from his desk and begin lecturing from another part of the room. The goal was VERY specific and it illustrates how simple it is to control the habits/actions of others.

Ugh, I hate child training books anyway but this one is really evil. There are so many reasons to teach children to trust themselves and their own intuition. This method DESTROYS their ability to think for themselves. They will move from being under the authority of their parents to being under the authority of the babysitter gov't without any difficulty at all.

NOT MY CHILDREN!!!!

Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Post by Lucid Memes on Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:27 pm

missingyoumadly wrote:NOT MY CHILDREN!!!!

right on!

your kids seem highly intuitive anyhow cyclops

and you've gotten them to be cognizant of certain aspects of the system early on...i doubt they'd fall for its traps.

intrepidpixie
    Orange Belt
    Orange Belt

Number of posts : 107
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by intrepidpixie on Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:33 am

The ability to accept wise counsel?

"A man is wise only on condition of living in world full of fools"- Arthur Schopenhauer

Justinfinity
    Yellow Belt
    Yellow Belt

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2009-04-09

Post by Justinfinity on Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:25 am

Wow, that book title makes me want to throw up. Who the hell thinks of people, especially kids, in this manner? Not us, that is definitely a product of the minds from the powers that be.

Yeah, kids are tons more intuitive... they don't "know a lot" to be stupid, unlike the 'intelligent' adults that would accept a book like this as a guide to raise their own children. Parenting is second nature, or just nature really, its built into us... and if people don't know how to be parents, something is definitely fucked up majorly in their head.

So-called 'parenting' today is synonymous with indoctrination. The healthiest thing to do is let one's kids grow to be their own person, we don't need to 'train' them, they'll figure things out on their own in their own way. They are very intuitive and their minds are just totally open to everything and are complete sponges. Of course most parents aren't aware of this, so their kids just end up copying emotional reactions and such from their parents instead of developing their own. If one were to really take a look around in this world, most people's most personal emotions and thoughts aren't even their own... their emotions and thoughts were 'given' to them, or more like forced upon them through a illusory authority, like teachers, parents, the local pastor, the president of the time, or who ever. Everyone is just 'borrowing' and leeching off of each other like vampires, and this is a very toxic mentality.

All the parent needs to do is be there for the child, to care and nurture. Like children, women are also more intuitive and smarter than men. Guys are just supposed to spread the seed, and to stick around and provide if they wish. But everyone is caught up in their false mere mortal lifestyles of the time and are all lost and confused. You hear it all the time on TV or from your friends, "why are guys just a bunch of dogs" or whatever. People are just so disconnected from the nature of themselves, they don't even understand it. And they wonder why they can't find their delusional version of so-called 'love'... they can't even understand the basic animal instincts of man... of course they're not going to understand something like love, and that goes for both man and woman.

People have even went as far as dividing themselves, that man is different from woman. Physically, sure. But femininity and masculinity has nothing to do with genitalia, these are states of mind. Obviously one can see this amongst the gay community. These people are also lost and confused. When a gay guy says, "I was a born girl inside", it makes me want to smack the shit out of them. Sure, I don't doubt he was more in touch with his femininity, and that's all fine and dandy, everyone should be, but that doesn't mean he needs to go out and start swallowing cock - that's just crazy. Then take dykes... they hate guys so much but rather get male haircuts, dress and act like dudes... what the hell is that?! I'm telling you guys, the world is fucking nuts!

People are way too much caught up in the illusions of the world. They've took this artificial world and replaced their own humanity with it.

Crazy... complete insanity.

Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Post by Lucid Memes on Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:22 pm

lol! awesome post Justin!

Yeah man, our society is crazy. the system wants to keep people in a perpetual state of child-like dependence while at the same time deferring us away from the good qualities associated with youth (enthusiasm for new experience and things of that nature). Instead, they interfere with our natural development toward maturity, and replaced it with systematizing indoctrination which only serves to further belittle humanity and ultimately keep use dependent on the system.

Justinfinity
    Yellow Belt
    Yellow Belt

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2009-04-09

Post by Justinfinity on Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:15 pm

heh, thanks. i get going on one subject and it always leads to another. i just have to get it out lol.

definitely. just look at how parents and adults treat kids, like 'they don't know anything'... but obviously kids are aware enough to ask some real serious questions, but then the 'adults' never have the answers. the only so-called answers the kids will get is the shit the parents will spew from their own indoctrination. in reality, these parents know a lot about nothing.

missingyoumadly
    Blue Belt
    Blue Belt

Post by missingyoumadly on Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:19 pm

From what I observe, parents LIE to their children for one of the following reasons:

1. To keep them under control (i.e. "Santa Claus is watching you!")
    2. Because the truth requires difficult conversations (i.e. sex, drugs, war, etc.)
    3. Because the parent truly doesn't know the answer (which isn't a crime) but is too afraid to admit not knowing (which IS)

I want to say to preface that I am not saying I am some kind of super parent that is perfect all the time. But I do have a theory that telling kids the truth is the best way to raise kids who are honest and have integrity. I don't tell my children lies to scare them into submission. I don't tell them lies because I am afraid of the truth. They know about sex (to the extent they need to know), they know about chemtrails. They know that they should be aware that some food is engineered to make them sick (they will make puking sounds when driving past a McDonald's). They also know that I don't know everything; I try to teach them to seek truthful answers on their own. I won't always be around to answer their every question. The unfortunate result of this is that they have found out that other people in their lives ARE willing to tell them lies and those people generally will get called out for it by my children.

Why is it considered poor ethics for people to lie in personal relationships and business situations but yet lying to children is acceptable and even encouraged? Some kids honestly believe that cartoon characters are real because they are encouraged in this belief by their parents!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:14 am