“Chapel Perilous, that vortex where cosmological speculations, coincidences, and paranoia seem to multiply and then collapse, compelling belief or lunacy, wisdom or agnosticism.” ~Robert Anton Wilson

Violent Programming from Birth to Death

missingyoumadly
    Blue Belt
    Blue Belt

Number of posts : 345
    Registration date : 2009-02-12

Violent Programming from Birth to Death

Post by missingyoumadly on Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:42 pm

I have reposted this by request...hopefully all the links will work, let me know if any of them don't.

I love when we all put our heads together to consider important ideas. I spend a good deal of time considering the impact of birth practices on the violence in society. I have learned much good information from Dr. Michel Odent, who has done many studies on the topic. Dr. Odent feels that the modern use of medication and instruments for childbirth deprive babies of valuable hormones (oxyoticin, betaendorphin) at a key time in their emotional development (i.e. the moments following birth). He also feels that our practice of removing babies from their mothers just after birth is another way our society contrives to create violent individuals. His evidence is a collection of studies which he has amassed and continues to update [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]This database includes studies that relate birth issues with later health/psychiatric problems.

I wish to create a timeline in order to demonstrate the influences which lead to a child becoming violent later in life. I think we can do this here…we can create peaceful children if we can identify the propaganda that is wreaking havoc on our children and our society.
    So my ideas to begin:

BIRTH

•Mother’s physical condition during pregnancy
    •Use of pain/induction medication during labor (removes body’s natural response to labor, which is a natural release of oxytocin and beta-endorphin, does not cross the blood-brain barrier)
    •Use of instruments for delivery (forceps, vacuum, cesarean) Imagine your first experience/contact is being pulled with force from a tight space with metal instruments…many babies and mothers are injured by these delivery methods. And just in case you think cesarean is gentle, forceps are ALWAYS used to extract an infant from a small incision.
    •Being removed from mother immediately following birth, not able to smell her, breastfeed, or bond with her. Instead, being placed in a plastic bin under what amounts to a burger warmer and bathed aggressively, poked with needles, having gel placed in eyes, etc.
    •If you are a boy, having your foreskin hacked off without anesthesia on the 2nd or 3rd day of life.
    •Anyone noticed there are [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]? These games may not in themselves be violent, but they are preparing children for a lifetime of video game interest/obsession. Learn to push the buttons early, kids!
    •Plastic parenting – devices allow babies to be in a carseat ALL DAY LONG. Lift the seat out of the car and put it in the stroller. Go from the stroller to the swing. All without having to actually touch your baby and give him/her any skin to skin contact. In animal studies, baby animals will DIE from lack of touch. Human babies will not die, but imagine what it is doing to their brain activities and their ability to care and love and empathize with other humans.

CHILDHOOD

•Sports activities which encourage physical contact/violence. Boys are usually encouraged to play soccer, football, etc. Girls are encouraged to be physical, but avoid physical contact. They tend to be gymnasts, cheerleaders, dancers…all of these activities which highlight physical skills and engender competition, disregarding thought and intelligence as being important. In fact, athletes are often considered “dumb jocks” as a stereotype.
    •Toys: army toys, monster toys, weapons, video games, that list goes on and on, doesn’t it?
    Etoys [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Amazon.com Toys [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 8 8,182 results!!!
    •Television is a given…do kids even read comic books anymore? Comic books have morphed into violent tv shows.
    •We have discussed violence in music, especially in rap and metal…I admit I am not terribly versed in this but some of you are, so perhaps you can elaborate/comment on this issue. I was a child of the 90’s and the music I listened to often was violent with overtones of war (Metallica, Slayer, Black Sabbath, etc.) but I am sure this has gotten worse since then.

ADULTHOOD

•Sensationalizing in news media of violent crimes, hence copycat crimes…glamorizing true crimes through novels, news coverage, movies, etc. For example, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. You just can’t make this shit up, I swear.
    •Crime drama on TV ALL THE TIME such as CSI, Law and Order, Alias, Cold Case, Crossing Jordan, and a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    •Sports…some may think it is just a diversion (and I am sure it is in some way…) but I think it is also drilling into these men the ideas of machismo and violence. That “rough play” is normal, which leads to fathers who play roughly with their sons and create more physical situations than mental ones…maybe I’m out on a limb here, but it bothers me.

What can you come up with to add to this list?
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Number of posts : 1111

Re: Violent Programming from Birth to Death

Post by Lucid Memes on Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:37 pm

this is a wonderful post MYM...it is obvious that there is, without a doubt, serious conditioning being leveled against us with the intent of making us violent. i can definitely see the connection in toys, video games, cartoons, movies, music, etc...

i must admit i was guilty of this conditioning. i remember being trained in high school to hate our neighboring revival town. especially the students from our revival sports team. during practice, our coach would create clever chants about how we were going to destroy them in competition. and it got pretty serious outside of school. if we ever got caught seen in their town, they'd try to pick a fight with us, and we'd do the same to them if we saw them in ours. this was all stupid in the long run, cause i later became friends with some of the kids from our revival school and felt ashamed of what i thought about them before i actually even talked to them. again it all goes back to how we were coached.

but i see a bigger purpose in high school sports conditioning. high school sports is just a smaller stage in the conditioning of warring tribes.
    college sports rivalry is a larger step encompassing a greater geographical region...
    professional sports condition tribal rivalry within an entire nation.
    the next and final step IMO is nationalism (the nation is the largest team) and the manipulated tribal rivalry between multiple nations...i.e. war

and i feel that this is largely the reason for all this conditioning. they're training the masses to love and except war. and the reason why the media is so geared towards making violence available to the youth in every medium available, is because we're living in a culture without a draft. in other words, we're not physically forced to have to fight in wars...so what they need to do is influence our choice to make the decision to sign up for such a thing. (i'm thinking about posting documentaries like "Rise of the Video Game" and "Operation Hollywood" that go into this in more detail)

Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Post by Lucid Memes on Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:37 pm

this is a really good vid here

sorry, embedding is disabled

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What happens when those who've grown up on Hollywood war movies and graphic video games are sent to the frontline?

"It's the ultimate rush -- you're going into the fight with a good song playing in the background," states one soldier. This is a war fought by the first playstation generation. As Rolling Stones journalist Evan Wright explains: "One thing about them is they kill very well in Iraq."

Produced by ABC Australia
    Distributed by Journeyman Pictures

Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Video Game Violence

Post by Lucid Memes on Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:28 am

the shit just hit the fan in the video game world

Check the link to see the video

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

VIDEO : Modern Warfare 2 murdering hundreds in Airport

October 27, 2009

The shit has hit the fan regarding Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 . Evidently this has been pulled down from Youtube multiple times by Activision , however LiveLeak is hosting it. You play a CIA agent posing as a terrorist, literally mowing down hundreds of civilians in an airport. This is graphic, I repeat really graphic and I do no suggest children watching this.

The video has caused a complete PR disaster for Activision, people are calling for the game to be removed from shelves. Which most likely will increase sales. However in the opinion of this writer, this game has gone way too far. I am not saying it should be removed from the shelves, but I do feel that Activision has gone too far with this. Scenes like this should never be included in a video game.

Shocking to say the least, and nothing less than murder. Yea it’s a video game, but common people this is madness.

Wow! just wow! This vid got leaked and Activision has been going crazy pulling the video down from the internet to try to save it's reputation. They of all people should know that its a damn near impossible task to keep it from being shared. But regardless of that, wtf are these people thinking!?

Make a video game where you can Columbine people in an airport? Shooting innocent unarmed people in the back as they make blood curdling screams, and shot them as they try to run away or drag their loved one's lifeless body to safety? WTF

And its not like Call of Duty is some obscure or unpopular computer game, either. But I'm still interested in knowing the story behind this and Activision's reaction to it being leaked online.

Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-04-04

Post by Extant on Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:24 pm

Excellent OP MYM.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:15 am