“Chapel Perilous, that vortex where cosmological speculations, coincidences, and paranoia seem to multiply and then collapse, compelling belief or lunacy, wisdom or agnosticism.” ~Robert Anton Wilson

Neo-Tea Party

Poll

Does Protest Matter AT ALL?

[ 2 ]
    67% [67%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    33% [33%] 

Total Votes: 3
    missingyoumadly
    Blue Belt
    Blue Belt

Number of posts : 345
    Registration date : 2009-02-12

Neo-Tea Party

Post by missingyoumadly on Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:16 am

So tonight in about 40 places across the country there will be what is being called a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to protest the financial bailout...essentially it is a protest against the Democrats (tee hee) who are apparently responsible for all of our misery. In my city it is being hosted by the Hitler Youth Young Republicans. They are planning to release tea leaves into the Reedy River, which is hilarious to me...oh yeah, that's what the Boston tea party was too right? PURCHASING TEA and dropping it in the water??? I can't stop laughing. If they wanted to do it right they would drop their gold mastercards into the water haha.

So I had a lengthy debate with my unfortunate friend who called to invite me, assuming I would come flying down there with signs aloft to protest. I said to him, What a waste of time and energy when real work could be done. If I go, my plan would be to ask every person there if they'd be willing to protest with their wallets as well as their posterboard signs proclaiming END THE FED. They want to get their face out there as open protesters, but they are sucking the world dry just like anyone else. What if instead of going to some basically govt-organized protest, those same people simply walked to their banks, took out every dime of their money from their accounts and sold all of their stock? That is what I would call a protest.

So anyway, I know this has been discussed before but it seemed like a relevant poll for the day.
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Number of posts : 1111

Re: Neo-Tea Party

Post by Lucid Memes on Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:04 am

We're having one of these in my city too lol.

This all seems kinda silly. I'm not a serious tea drinker...but is tea being taxed like crazy again? Is the financial bailout taxing tea? i had not noticed lol. Perhaps it is *shrugs* i had not been paying attention in the particular area.

A slogan from the tea party was "No taxation without representation!" ...cause at the time, the 13 colonies were not represented in the British parliament, so therefore did not feel that heavy taxation on tea was fair to them. Is this happening again?

I wonder of the organizers of the event fully understood the context of the tea-party...cause I don't see any of the original hallmarks present.

But there might be something that makes sense after all...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Boston Tea Party was an act of direct action protest by the American colonists against the British Government in which they destroyed many crates of tea belonging to the British East India Company and dumped it into the Boston Harbor. The incident, which took place on December 16, 1773, was a major catalyst of the American Revolution and remains an iconic event of American history.

I think it's a waste of time, but I'm always looking for a reason to dress up like an Indian

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There should be an option on the poll..."I'm going just to dress up like an Indian" Laughing

Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Number of posts : 1111

Post by Lucid Memes on Thu May 06, 2010 8:58 pm

After more than a year of the Tea Party movement, its interesting to have a broader perspective on the nature of movement like this.

Here's a good Article I came across recently

Video too

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:14 am