“Chapel Perilous, that vortex where cosmological speculations, coincidences, and paranoia seem to multiply and then collapse, compelling belief or lunacy, wisdom or agnosticism.” ~Robert Anton Wilson

The NSA Wants to Know How and WHAT You Think

OSTen19
    White Belt
    White Belt

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

The NSA Wants to Know How and WHAT You Think

Post by OSTen19 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:17 pm

The National Security Agency (NSA) is developing a tool that George Orwell's Thought Police might have found useful: an artificial intelligence system designed to gain insight into what people are thinking.

With the entire Internet and thousands of databases for a brain, the device will be able to respond almost instantaneously to complex questions posed by intelligence analysts. As more and more data is collected—through phone calls, credit card receipts, social networks like Facebook and MySpace, GPS tracks, cell phone geolocation, Internet searches, Amazon book purchases, even E-Z Pass toll records—it may one day be possible to know not just where people are and what they are doing, but what and how they think.

The system is so potentially intrusive that at least one researcher has quit, citing concerns over the dangers in placing such a powerful weapon in the hands of a top-secret agency with little accountability.

For more click here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    missingyoumadly
    Blue Belt
    Blue Belt

Number of posts : 345
    Registration date : 2009-02-12

Re: The NSA Wants to Know How and WHAT You Think

Post by missingyoumadly on Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:27 pm

I saw this on Information Liberation a while back...how utterly insane. All the more reason to keep away from myspace/fb and also to use cash instead of credit...or better yet, to barter...although believe it or not, bartering is structured like a bank these days as well. Fuck this system, get out of it to as much of a degree as you can. And the information people reveal online blows me away - I saw a facebook survey a few days ago which was titled "15 things about your firstborn"!!!! W T F
    OSTen19
    White Belt
    White Belt

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by OSTen19 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:32 pm

missingyoumadly wrote: All the more reason to keep away from myspace/fb and also to use cash instead of credit...or better yet, to barter...although believe it or not, bartering is structured like a bank these days as well. Fuck this system, get out of it to as much of a degree as you can.

affraid Hands down the quote of the week.
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Number of posts : 1111

Post by Lucid Memes on Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:50 pm

Simon_Templar wrote:The National Security Agency (NSA) is developing a tool that George Orwell's Thought Police might have found useful: an artificial intelligence system designed to gain insight into what people are thinking.

With the entire Internet and thousands of databases for a brain, the device will be able to respond almost instantaneously to complex questions posed by intelligence analysts. As more and more data is collected—through phone calls, credit card receipts, social networks like Facebook and MySpace, GPS tracks, cell phone geolocation, Internet searches, Amazon book purchases, even E-Z Pass toll records—it may one day be possible to know not just where people are and what they are doing, but what and how they think.

The system is so potentially intrusive that at least one researcher has quit, citing concerns over the dangers in placing such a powerful weapon in the hands of a top-secret agency with little accountability.

For more click here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

excellent thread Mr. Templar :2 thumbs up:

i know we've discussed things such as this in the past. there's really nothing you can do about it...other than abandoning modern industrial civilization entirely lol!

but if you can't do that. the next best thing would be learning how to beinvisible

What a Face

missingyoumadly
    Blue Belt
    Blue Belt

Number of posts : 345

Post by missingyoumadly on Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:31 pm

I have a fb account still...and a myspace...but I don't share private info there...however, some of my friends apparently don't give a shit at all so I decided to copy and paste a few recent facebook survey memes for your entertainment/horror. Pretty interesting how the serious questions are few and far between, but they ARE there...You don't think someone wants to know all about you??? MMhmm...check this one out:

CRUCIAL DISCLAIMER: THESE ARE NOT MY ANSWERS LOL...I FUCKING HATE GREEN KOOL-AID.

Questions Everyone is Dying to Know the Answer To
    (I esp like #3)

1. Do you like blue cheese? yeah, but I forget about it.
    2. Have you ever drank alcohol? uh-huh
    3. Do you own a gun? I own lots of squirt guns, and now I am a proud owner of a hot glue gun.
    4. What flavor Kool Aid was your favorite? green
    5. Do you get nervous before a doctor appointment? not really
    6. What do you think of hot dogs? they're good---but only Hebrew Nationals
    7. Favorite Christmas movie? Elf I guess. I don't like Christmas movies.
    8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? coffee
    9. Can you do push ups? yes, but not a ton of them
    10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? my wedding ring
    11. Favorite hobby? making soap (music is NOT a hobby---I refuse to believe that anymore)
    12. Do you have A.D.D.? sometimes I think so
    13. What's your weight? in the 120's (it's never the same everyday but always in that range)
    14. Middle name? Sue with a French flair
    15.Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Coffee, red wine, water
    17. Briefs or Boxers? I enjoy boxers
    18. Current hate right now? people that put themselves first
    19. Favorite place to be? With good friends (for example, at the Johnson's or the Hoseley's house eating pizza)
    20. How did you bring in the New Year? went to bed
    21. Where would you like to go? England
    22. Name three people who will complete this? Diane, Me, and no one else
    23. Do you own slippers? yes, and I need new ones
    24. What color shirt are you wearing right now? black
    25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Never have but it sounds cold
    26. Can you whistle? sadly, no. No mellow GnR covers being done here!
    27. Favorite Color? green
    28. Would you be a pirate? ---what kind of stupid question is that?
    29. What songs do you sing in the shower? I used to sing in the shower but now I don't really.
    30. Favorite Girls name? Eden---it is better than all the rest.
    31. Favorite boys name? Reid
    32. What's in your pockets? I don't have pockets---wearing yoga pants
    33. Last thing that made you laugh? Eden with her mask on looking forlorn (I'm mean)
    34. Public Speaking- yes or no? I will public sing but not speak.
    35. Worst injury ever? Injuries of the heart
    36. Do you love where you live? Totally.
    37. How many TVs are in your house? One, and it is old as the hills.
    38. Who is your loudest friend? Laura H. or Jade
    39. How many dogs do you have? 0
    40. Does someone have a crush on you? I doubt it. Joel is way beyond the crush days.
    41. What is your favorite book? The Return of the Native by Thomas Hardy
    42. What is your favorite candy? that is hard. chocolate, cadbury eggs, reese's pieces, three musketeers....
    43. Favorite Sports Team? The Boston Blue Sox
    44. What song do you want played at your funeral? The Moonlight Sonata
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Number of posts : 1111

Post by Lucid Memes on Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:21 am

anyone interested in this should see "Privacy is Dead"

intrepidpixie
    Orange Belt
    Orange Belt

Number of posts : 107
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by intrepidpixie on Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:37 am

I`m surprised these questions aren`t more gender specific..lol.

Do you have disruptions in your menstral cyle- missed or painful periods?
    Approximately how many times per month do you suffer from erectile dysfunction ( while using our service)?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:37 pm