“Chapel Perilous, that vortex where cosmological speculations, coincidences, and paranoia seem to multiply and then collapse, compelling belief or lunacy, wisdom or agnosticism.” ~Robert Anton Wilson

FRESH FLAKES

Wings4Wheels
    Yellow Belt
    Yellow Belt

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2009-11-17

FRESH FLAKES

Post by Wings4Wheels on Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:08 pm

New Agers say and do the stupidest things. I live in places where these "enlightened" gather. Remember what dear departed Zappa said about these "Fresh Flakes: California's got the most of them. Lord, they got a host of them." Hot damn, a month ago a bunch in Prescott, Arizona paid thousands to fry in a sweat lodge!!!

The most unhappy people I met in Peru were the gringos getting on and off the buses to visit Machu Picchu, so I'm learning Spanish and going with the natives.

By the way, if you are poor and tired of the US BS, make your future plans for Peru. $150 a month will get you 2 bdrms, courtyard and cook. During the dry season May through October its sunny every day and I never needed a coat, about 60-75 degs....it gets a little warmer in the wet season. No car necessary as mototaxis cost 50 cents. No need to farm&eaturownfood cuz the main economy is dirt poor farmers who sell fantastic produce for pennies. Better and cheaper to pay the poor people for their efforts unless gardening is your love and hobby.

I was the only white person while in the Amazon Rain Forest. The natives just call it the jungle. I lived with the poorest of the jungle, much poorer than the Andes Mountains. Wow, what an experience!

Last edited by Wings4Wheels on Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : post too long zzzzzzzz)
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Number of posts : 1111
    Registration date : 2009-02-12

Re: FRESH FLAKES

Post by Lucid Memes on Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:16 pm

Wonderful W4W! I was wondering what happened to the ol' puddingpalace crew lol

Of course you'd be in the uncharted mountainous jungle territory of South America. Have you been tomb raiding?

I've been thinking about traveling too. Working to generate and online income will help maintain resources from nonlocal job locations. Wonder if you can get internet access in the jungle *shrugs*

Welcome to The Invisible Academy. Glad to have you aboard Smile

missingyoumadly
    Blue Belt
    Blue Belt

Number of posts : 345
    Registration date : 2009-02-12

Post by missingyoumadly on Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:36 pm

Welcome, welcome! It only costs $149/month here at Invisible Academy and the bullshit is thrown in for free. Smile Nice to meet you!
    Wings4Wheels
    Yellow Belt
    Yellow Belt

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2009-11-17

Post by Wings4Wheels on Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:18 am

Missingyoumadly, make me laugh! That's what I'm here for and the shock therapy. affraid

Lucid, The happy fact is you need very little income: Take a beautiful walk or a 50cent mototaxi into town where they have huge farmers markets every day. $1.50 to share an hour long beautiful cab or even cheaper bus ride to the big city of Cuzco. I lost 20 pounds and got so healthy eating rice, vegees, fruit and fish much better than US. The trout is big puffy pink and tastes better than salmon. When I go to Peru I'll stay with a Peruvian family in Cuzco one week and at a hostel an hour away in the country towns of Urubamba and Ollaytambo the next week, on and off like that until I find a great rent. When I get a rent you can stay for free, seriously, cuz I'm so easy to live with, it's so cheap, and the more the merrier IMO. I may occasionally enjoy the super cheap and legal pot and coke. I didn't discover any tombs, but we boiled up and drank (yuk) a San Pedro cactus and had a fire on the full moon. No effect whatsoever, nobody hallucinated, ha! They took me to a huge cave with huge bat shit droppings which they said were erected by the ancient Inca! Ha! The natives have some stupid superstisions, but at least they're not all arrogant about it like the new agers in the US. I'll save my "jungle" experience for some shocks and laughs later, but you don't want to go to the jungle, stay in the Andes, so much more beautiful and much better weather.

There are internet cafes everywhere. You can pay for mobile internet, and it costs about the same as in the US, or i might get lucky and have a land line at the place I rent. I'm not bringing my laptop, and I'll use internet cafes where they also have booths where you can call the US very cheap. You don't even need a cell phone because there are old fashioned phone booths and people with bright yellow jackets on the street who charge a some change to use their cell phone. I used a cheap pay as you go cell phone.

Peruvians like the gringos because we bring desperately needed money into a very poor country.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:51 am