“Chapel Perilous, that vortex where cosmological speculations, coincidences, and paranoia seem to multiply and then collapse, compelling belief or lunacy, wisdom or agnosticism.” ~Robert Anton Wilson

Bill O'Reilly VS Amsterdam

Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Number of posts : 1111
    Registration date : 2009-02-12

Bill O'Reilly VS Amsterdam

Post by Lucid Memes on Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:21 am

A while ago, Bill O'Reilly claimed that "secular progressives" had an agenda to Amsterdamerize US traditional values in the ongoing culture war

Bill O'Reilly's attack on Amsterdam: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Of course, some bright Dutch guy reasponded with this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Then O'Reilly responded to the Dutch guy, and so on: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Typical fear mongering from Bill-O...onwards cultural warrior!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

discordian420
    White Belt
    White Belt

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2009-12-18

Re: Bill O'Reilly VS Amsterdam

Post by discordian420 on Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:05 am

I come from a family of neocons. Fox News is practically on all day long at my house. I actually emailed these clips to my family members. Twisted Evil

I would not mind moving to Amsterdam one day. Thanks for posting this Lucid Memes.
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Post by Lucid Memes on Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:14 pm

Haha. Its always funny to look back at this. O'Reilly trying to come up with anything to demonize for the sake of demonization even after he knows he's wrong.

Amsterdam has legal marijuana and legal prostitution. The fact of the matter is that people are gonna smoke weed and have sex no matter what. So why criminalize these behaviors which could be regulated to reduced the negative effects? For example, Amsterdam prostitutes are regularly check for STDs.

missingyoumadly
    Blue Belt
    Blue Belt

Number of posts : 345

Post by missingyoumadly on Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:36 pm

Amsterdam is one of the places I've been where I truly felt at home, and didn't want to ever leave. My friend had to basically drag me to the airport and make me come home. I felt very safe on the street, food and fun was cheap, people were very friendly and the language is darn close to English (Dutch and English share a lot of origins and are very easy to translate.) People BUSK for a living there, seriously, you can make your food and rent by singing on the damn street.

I could not even fathom America being able to be like Amsterdam - people here are entirely disillusioned because of the fucked up economy and lifestyle expectations. I think it would take several generations for that change to take effect.

On a final note, Bill "Oh, really?" is one of the few humans on this planet for whom I harbor a deep hatred. Ugh. If he thinks Amsterdam is evil, then I definitely want to live there.

discordian420 wrote:I come from a family of neocons. Fox News is practically on all day long at my house. I actually emailed these clips to my family members. Twisted Evil

I would not mind moving to Amsterdam one day. Thanks for posting this Lucid Memes.
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Post by Lucid Memes on Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:50 pm

well said MYM Very Happy

Disco, don't get confused by her quoting response style (i.e. responding with texts above the person she's quoting)

Certainly a lingering effect of living in Amsterdam Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:57 am