“Chapel Perilous, that vortex where cosmological speculations, coincidences, and paranoia seem to multiply and then collapse, compelling belief or lunacy, wisdom or agnosticism.” ~Robert Anton Wilson

Alan Watt - musician

Dharmazoid
    White Belt
    White Belt

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

Alan Watt - musician

Post by Dharmazoid on Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:11 am

I posted this on another forum. Apparently there is another Canadian musician with the same name.

I found the link below on a personal web page for Jef Knight a Canadian Musician and composer. One of the guitarists (and drummer) in his band is a guy called Alan Watt. His page is *in* the first link and while it doesn't appear to be the Alan Watt discussed here there is some strange resemblance. Some of the works this group of Canadian musicians performed include Surfboard on the Moon, H.G Wails, Verbs, Adverbs and others (see second link).

Short History of a Struggling Artist (Scroll down or search for Alan Watt - there is a link to pictures)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jef Knight Music (list of works)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    missingyoumadly
    Blue Belt
    Blue Belt

Number of posts : 345
    Registration date : 2009-02-12

Re: Alan Watt - musician

Post by missingyoumadly on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:48 am

Someone might correct me, but I seem to recall Watt saying he was a musician. I thought so anyway. That guy doesn't look like him to me, the name is rather bland so I imagine many people could share it. There is also the matter of Alan Watts the new age guru, so I think the name itself would be pretty common.
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Number of posts : 1111
    Registration date : 2009-02-12

Post by Lucid Memes on Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:38 pm

I'm not sure what to make of this unless you suggest that Watt is ghost writing for this band. A song like "H.G. Wails" would be right up Watt's alley

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

can you spare a dime? Amish needs a new pair of shoes

Dharmazoid
    White Belt
    White Belt

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

Post by Dharmazoid on Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:57 am

Someone might correct me, but I seem to recall Watt saying he was a musician. I thought so anyway. That guy doesn't look like him to me, the name is rather bland so I imagine many people could share it. There is also the matter of Alan Watts the new age guru, so I think the name itself would be pretty common.

You are right he is a musician and occasionally alludes to it. He also includes mention of it in his very short bio on cuttingthroughthematrix. This guy does not appear to be Watt but I just thought it was a weird coincidence. Someone said Watt had something to do with the Gerry Rafferty song he plays at the end of every show ( i.e., Baker Street). Watt mentioned in a recent radio appearance that he played with Chicago (studio work).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:24 am