“Chapel Perilous, that vortex where cosmological speculations, coincidences, and paranoia seem to multiply and then collapse, compelling belief or lunacy, wisdom or agnosticism.” ~Robert Anton Wilson

The US War Machine

Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Number of posts : 1111
    Registration date : 2009-02-12

The US War Machine

Post by Lucid Memes on Mon May 04, 2009 3:22 pm

I just found this site that shows which US political party is responsible for more death by war throughout US history

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What I found interesting wasn't really the party issue, I was just amazed by all the places the US has gone to war with!

America has only been around for 2 centuries and has gone to war with so many countries lol

Justinfinity
    Yellow Belt
    Yellow Belt

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2009-04-09

Re: The US War Machine

Post by Justinfinity on Thu May 07, 2009 2:50 pm

In almost any of those countries, I can bet there is a McDonalds lol.

Also, those are just the 'official' wars. You can't forget Guerrilla Warfare, and the secret military personnel and mercenaries-for-hire that the American government and American corporations have hired to do their dirty work for mostly in the 3rd world nations.
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Number of posts : 1111
    Registration date : 2009-02-12

Post by Lucid Memes on Thu May 07, 2009 6:15 pm

Yeah, that's true Justin

Neocolonialism is the same as it was before, its just more sophisticated and less apparent

Instead of conquering countries and stamping national flags on other's people land, neocolonialism exploits through economics...offering a lending hand to developing countries to help build their infrastructure...but that's really happening is they're putting those 3rd world countries in so much debt they could never possibly pay it back. What ends up happening is that they settle for giving their natural resources over to neocolonialist powers as payment, when those same resources could've been use to help feed and build their own countries. Check out this book if you haven't heard of it Economic Hitman. This is how most of the 20th century has been run. But now the tables have turned at the beginning of the 21st. America owes a ridiculous amount of money to China as TPTB shift power from west to east

Justinfinity
    Yellow Belt
    Yellow Belt

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2009-04-09

Post by Justinfinity on Thu May 07, 2009 7:08 pm

I've seen a couple docs with the author of that book talking about his experiences. It makes perfect sense too, although his perspective is very narrow minded on this, I mean, it's not 'all about the money' - the illusion of money is just a tool. I like to focus more on the more seemingly 'esoteric' things. He does provide good information on how they operate and manipulate this scheme though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:11 am