“Chapel Perilous, that vortex where cosmological speculations, coincidences, and paranoia seem to multiply and then collapse, compelling belief or lunacy, wisdom or agnosticism.” ~Robert Anton Wilson

education system

warrenBbull
    Orange Belt
    Orange Belt

Number of posts : 80
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

education system

Post by warrenBbull on Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I was gonna copy the text here but apparently we've got another "character limit" like we had back at LL.

missingyoumadly
    Blue Belt
    Blue Belt

Number of posts : 345
    Registration date : 2009-02-12

Re: education system

Post by missingyoumadly on Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:45 am

I read the article, and agree with the points made. I think people need to vote with their feet on this one; what I see every day at my daughter's public school is a mob of parents who have better things to do than give a crap about what their kids are learning. I am satisfied for now with being deeply involved in what she is bringing home; having her think critically about the information she is taught. For personal reasons I cannot home school her right now, but that is the plan for the future if and when my circumstances change. You can't go to McDonald's and order a filet mignon, know what I mean? If you depend on others to educate your kids, you better know there is an agenda.

Current date/time is Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:15 am