“Chapel Perilous, that vortex where cosmological speculations, coincidences, and paranoia seem to multiply and then collapse, compelling belief or lunacy, wisdom or agnosticism.” ~Robert Anton Wilson


    The Taureg (Troglodytes): Men Who Were Veils

    Share
    avatar
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

    Number of posts : 1111
    Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Location : Here Be Dragons

    The Taureg (Troglodytes): Men Who Were Veils

    Post by Lucid Memes on Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:32 am

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] By: Prorok, Byron Khun de

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


    In Mysterious Sahara Prorok, a popular archeologist and adventurer of the time, describes his 1925-28 expeditions into north Africa. He goes south from Algeria, across the Sahara, and into the mountains of the Hoggar.

    The first chapter of this book is a rather grim but fascinating roll call of early Saharan explorers. The list goes on and on, and almost all of them died horribly. Sometimes it was thirst or hunger, but usually it was at the hands of the Taureg, the giant "white" race of the Sahara, in which the men wear veils and are dressed from head to toe in black. Prorok himself, throughout all of his books, keeps up a rather chipper tone, which diverts the reader from the fact that hundreds of explorers died in the very same tracks. This isn't Disneyland.

    On his way to find the Taureg, Prorok stops by the temple of Jupiter Ammon, "where Alexander the Great became a god," and then visits the Troglodytes of the Matmatas, who were living Neanderthals.

    Somewhere south of the Mountain of Snakes, Prorok finds the Tauregs. They are every bit the tall, silent warriors and bandits he expected them to be. There are about 5,000 of them, living in a feudal system, still carrying the swords of the crusaders, with jewelry and coins from the 17th century. Everywhere Prorok sees links between the Tauregs and medieval Europe -- and Atlantis. He also describes the Tauregs as a near super-race. He saw men run straight at a bar six feet off the ground and clear it with a single jump. His photographer shot 40,000 feet of motion picture film.

    But Prorok and his companions never relaxed:

    There is no question but what one feels the malignity that envelops the hidden personality of the Taureg, and at times it is surprisingly easy to recall the death-dealing spear that traversed Reygasse's tent one silent night, or the tombs of Palat and Douls and Flatters, far out in the sands, or what is far more tragic because of its nearness to me, the passing of some of my own brave comrades, killed by Taureg as I write these lines.

    In December, 1928, after Prorok's sojourn with the Tauregs, his friends, General Clavery and Captains Debenne, Pasquet, and Resset were massacred on the road to Beni Abbes. A few months later 83 French officers and men were killed by the Tauregs at Ain Yacoub.

    One reason Prorok lingered with the Tauregs was that he wanted to find the tomb of their queen, Tin Hinan, which would contain clues to the Taureg's mysterious origin. On October 18, 1927, he found the tomb. He had to excavate in a hurry, however, before the Tauregs realized whose tomb it was. With only a few companions, out of food and almost out of water, he dug. Near the top of the tomb they found Roman coins from the time of Emperor Constantine and other relics from the faraway Mediterranean. Then they found the queen herself:

    Around the queen's neck was the extraordinary spectacle of over three hundred precious and semiprecious stones, all of which became beautiful indeed when we washed them and placed them in the brilliant sunshine to dry. But the thing that astonished us most, as our trembling hands uncovered object after object, was the amazing collection of bracelets on the arms of the queen. On the right arm we found nine huge solid gold bracelets, of a weight quite surprising. On the left arm were eight solid silver bracelets of exactly the same design...


    Some of this material is also covered in the author's In Quest of Lost Worlds (1935), but Prorok goes into far better (and different) detail here. Mysterious Sahara is a book you will probably read more than once.


    I can't find anything older than this book that details Kealey/Watt's description of them better than this. But there are some problems. Here they're associated with the Taureg, which is still a present day Berber culture in North Africa. Kealey had mentioned that the Berbers are remnants of the cromagnon, but in Prorok's book they're described as "living Neanderthals." Which isn't such a bad contradiction if you consider that perhaps the Neanderthals brought them in first, then left them behind has Kealey mention the Thalers had done this to other groups before. But another contradiction is that this author talks about the Taureg's queen, which is problematic cause it would imply matriarchy (unless she was one of those "males on the inside" ones). So make of it what you will.


    Last edited by Preston on Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    avatar
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

    Number of posts : 1111
    Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Location : Here Be Dragons

    Re: The Taureg (Troglodytes): Men Who Were Veils

    Post by Lucid Memes on Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:15 am

    check out the land of Matmâta

    Matmâta or Metmata is a small Berber speaking town in southern Tunisia. Some of the local Berber residents live in traditional underground "troglodyte" structures.

    The structures typical for the village are created by digging a large pit in the ground. Around the perimeter of this pit artificial caves are then dug to be used as rooms, with some homes comprised of multiple pits, connected by trench-like passageways. This type of home was made famous by serving as the location of the Lars Homestead, home to Luke Skywalker, his Aunt Beru Lars and Uncle Owen Lars for the Star Wars movies. The Lars Homestead was in fact the Hotel Sidi Driss, which offers traditional troglodyte accommodations.

    Ancient history


    The history of this extraordinary place is not known, except from tales carried from generation to generation. The most probable one says that underground homes were first built in ancient times, when the Roman empire sent two Egyptian tribes to make their own homes in the Matmata region, after one of the Punic wars, with permission to kill every human being in their way. The dwellers of the region had to leave their homes and to dig caves in the ground to hide from those invaders, but they left their underground shelters in the night to attack invaders, which appeared to be very effective in sending the killer groups away from Matmata. A myth was made those days, that monsters emerge from beneath the ground and kill land usurpers. In any case, the underground settlements remained hidden in very hostile area for centuries, and no one had any knowledge of their existence until 1967.

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    Matmata has many of the best examples of troglodyte architecture in the world

    MATMATA: Star Wars setting


    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Due to it's extraordinary form, Matmata was the location for disco scene in the first Star Wars film. Before you leave for Tunisia, try to see the film first, then you go on to experience Matmata.

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


    _________________
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    avatar
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

    Number of posts : 1111
    Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Location : Here Be Dragons

    Re: The Taureg (Troglodytes): Men Who Were Veils

    Post by Lucid Memes on Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:38 am

    here's another book, titled "Veiled Men, Red Tents, and Black Mountains: The Lost Tomb of Queen Tin Hinan"

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


    This is a beautiful narrative by a young anthropologist on the first automobile expedition across the Sahara in 1925. The small caravan traveled in specially built Renault cars, making their way from Algeria south to the mountains of the Hoggar.

    Now we began to learn the true meaning of the word “desert.” Our trail led for hours through the most hideous waste imaginable. We could compare it only to gigantic dumps and ash heaps, mountain piles of slag from the fires of Hell.

    The expedition was organized by two men: Count Byron de Prorok, an American who claimed a Polish title and was looking for sensationalist material for his next lecture series, and M. Maurice Reygasse, an amateur archeologist and minor government official from North Africa. It was not a match made in Heaven. Pond, a graduate student from the University of Chicago, was the only member of the expedition with any formal training in the sciences.

    When they reached the Hoggar Mountains, they stayed with the Tuareg people, a mysterious, matriarchal society where the men wear the veils. Pond gets invited to a night-time Ahal or courting party; he learns their songs and poetry, and discovers that the Tuareg are unrelated to the other peoples of the desert:

    The Tuaregs belong to the Mediterranean group of the white race. Despite their veils and full robes their arms and faces do acquire a certain amount of tan. To get their true skin color I held my color chart next to the skin under the left arm. All six men showed the same shade of white as the average southern Italians.

    Count Byron de Prorok also wrote about this trip (see Digging for Lost African Gods and In Quest of Lost Worlds) but the Count had a reputation to protect, and Pond's account is less like a dramatic public lecture and more like a conversation with a poetic friend just back from a most wonderful adventure.


    _________________
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    avatar
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

    Number of posts : 1111
    Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Location : Here Be Dragons

    Re: The Taureg (Troglodytes): Men Who Were Veils

    Post by Lucid Memes on Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:45 am


    Tin Hinan
    Queen of the Taureg

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


    According to a legend, Tin Hinan was the first leader to unite the Tuareg world and establish a kingdom in the Ahaggar mountains. She was both heroine and matriarch and is believed to have come from Tafilalt oasis in the Atlas Mountains in the area of the modern Morocco.

    In Abalessa, the ancient capital of the Ahaggar or Hoggar region, there is the tomb of the famous Tuareg queen Tin Hinan. About this famous ancestress of the Tuaregs following story is told: Tin Hinan came in the company of her maid-servant Takamat from Tafilalet in the Atlas Mountains Morocco to the Hoggar Algeria. There she became the first Tamenokalt (= Queen) of the Tuaregs and her fame was so great, that even today the Tuaregs call her "Mother of Us All"

    Her sepulchre was a place of pilgrimage and worship, so there were found hints that inside this tomb healing sleep was practiced.

    The corpse of the famous Tin Hinan was found when the grave was excavated by archaeologists. She was lying on a finely carved wooden bed and was covered all over by jewels. She had seven silver bracelets on her right forearm and on her left forearm seven gold bracelets.

    Her corpse is in the National Museum of BARDO in Algiers Algeria.

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    Grave of Tin Hinan [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Corpse of Tin Hinan [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


    _________________
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    warrenBbull
    Orange Belt
    Orange Belt

    Number of posts : 80
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

    Re: The Taureg (Troglodytes): Men Who Were Veils

    Post by warrenBbull on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:49 pm

    "Mysterious Sahara" and "Veiled Men, Red Tents, and Black Mountains: The Lost Tomb of Queen Tin Hinan", I'm gonna check out these books.... I am glad you've shared this with us Preston. This might give me the final confirmation I'm looking for on the troglodytes...
    avatar
    gwap360
    Yellow Belt
    Yellow Belt

    Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

    Re: The Taureg (Troglodytes): Men Who Were Veils

    Post by gwap360 on Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:18 pm

    Good shit preston thanks!
    avatar
    Dharmazoid
    White Belt
    White Belt

    Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

    Re: The Taureg (Troglodytes): Men Who Were Veils

    Post by Dharmazoid on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:07 am

    Amazing stuff I am going to check it out as well. Thanks
    avatar
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

    Number of posts : 1111
    Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Location : Here Be Dragons

    Re: The Taureg (Troglodytes): Men Who Were Veils

    Post by Lucid Memes on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:37 am

    One thing I'm still trying to figure out is this neanderthal matriarchy

    Look at this research page detailing the theory of "idiot savant syndrome" coming from neanderthal genes

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    That page suspects the San/Bushmen, Basque, Berber, Guanchos, Etruscan, Minoans and Palaeo Eskimo (the Dorset people) may have neanderthal genes do to their matriarchal cultural tenancies. The Berbers are noteworthy cause they're closely related to the Taureg

    And most mainstream geneticists are certain that humans do not have neanderthals at all

    Still a lot of questions need to be answered scratch


    _________________
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    avatar
    splinters
    Yellow Belt
    Yellow Belt

    Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-04-15

    Re: The Taureg (Troglodytes): Men Who Were Veils

    Post by splinters on Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:56 pm

    It seems George Lucas' inspiration has been found.

    Veiled men?

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    warrenBbull
    Orange Belt
    Orange Belt

    Number of posts : 80
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

    Re: The Taureg (Troglodytes): Men Who Were Veils

    Post by warrenBbull on Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:03 pm

    Preston wrote:One thing I'm still trying to figure out is this neanderthal matriarchy

    Look at this research page detailing the theory of "idiot savant syndrome" coming from neanderthal genes

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    That page suspects the San/Bushmen, Basque, Berber, Guanchos, Etruscan, Minoans and Palaeo Eskimo (the Dorset people) may have neanderthal genes do to their matriarchal cultural tenancies. The Berbers are noteworthy cause they're closely related to the Taureg

    And most mainstream geneticists are certain that humans do not have neanderthals at all

    Still a lot of questions need to be answered scratch


    I find this interesting Preston, because I've been at odds trying to figure out rather autism came from mercury vaccines, or rather it is just "idiot savant syndrome" coming from neanderthaler genes. As an aspie myself, especially looking at other aspies, it seems painfully clear to me that even high functioning autism is somewhat of an "idiot savant" syndrome. I've spoken to hundreds of other aspies, who can explain astro physics or economics, or mechanics, or molecular biology, etc all day long, but outside of their 1 or 2 little fields, theyr clueless. They have no street smarts and no critical thinking ability at all....

    So another thing to consider is, it could just be a slave-breeding program. Or, maybe theyr just resurfacing ancient idiot savant genetics, bringing back this genetic code, to "perfect" the slaves? As Kealey would say, a boomerang effect?
    avatar
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

    Number of posts : 1111
    Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Location : Here Be Dragons

    Re: The Taureg (Troglodytes): Men Who Were Veils

    Post by Lucid Memes on Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:59 pm

    I'm glad you brought this up Warren. if you don't mind, i'm going to respond this this here

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


    _________________
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    warrenBbull
    Orange Belt
    Orange Belt

    Number of posts : 80
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

    Re: The Taureg (Troglodytes): Men Who Were Veils

    Post by warrenBbull on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:25 pm

    Well if your going by what Kealey says, god is a moho tollgater.. Not that I am taking his word blindly for anything though..But.. In the various religions it states man was created in god's image. Therefore, if god were a troglodyte moho tollgater, then humans would be made to look like troglodytes as well... I tend to think we may have some troglodyte DNA, but I base this on connecting other things together-- I'm not a geneticist.




    Preston wrote:One thing I'm still trying to figure out is this neanderthal matriarchy

    Look at this research page detailing the theory of "idiot savant syndrome" coming from neanderthal genes

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    That page suspects the San/Bushmen, Basque, Berber, Guanchos, Etruscan, Minoans and Palaeo Eskimo (the Dorset people) may have neanderthal genes do to their matriarchal cultural tenancies. The Berbers are noteworthy cause they're closely related to the Taureg

    And most mainstream geneticists are certain that humans do not have neanderthals at all

    Still a lot of questions need to be answered scratch

    warrenBbull
    Orange Belt
    Orange Belt

    Number of posts : 80
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

    Re: The Taureg (Troglodytes): Men Who Were Veils

    Post by warrenBbull on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:52 pm

    I just ordered this book at Barnes and Nobles, it should arrive sometime in the next week or so:)





    Preston wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] By: Prorok, Byron Khun de

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


    In Mysterious Sahara Prorok, a popular archeologist and adventurer of the time, describes his 1925-28 expeditions into north Africa. He goes south from Algeria, across the Sahara, and into the mountains of the Hoggar.

    The first chapter of this book is a rather grim but fascinating roll call of early Saharan explorers. The list goes on and on, and almost all of them died horribly. Sometimes it was thirst or hunger, but usually it was at the hands of the Taureg, the giant "white" race of the Sahara, in which the men wear veils and are dressed from head to toe in black. Prorok himself, throughout all of his books, keeps up a rather chipper tone, which diverts the reader from the fact that hundreds of explorers died in the very same tracks. This isn't Disneyland.

    On his way to find the Taureg, Prorok stops by the temple of Jupiter Ammon, "where Alexander the Great became a god," and then visits the Troglodytes of the Matmatas, who were living Neanderthals.

    Somewhere south of the Mountain of Snakes, Prorok finds the Tauregs. They are every bit the tall, silent warriors and bandits he expected them to be. There are about 5,000 of them, living in a feudal system, still carrying the swords of the crusaders, with jewelry and coins from the 17th century. Everywhere Prorok sees links between the Tauregs and medieval Europe -- and Atlantis. He also describes the Tauregs as a near super-race. He saw men run straight at a bar six feet off the ground and clear it with a single jump. His photographer shot 40,000 feet of motion picture film.

    But Prorok and his companions never relaxed:

    There is no question but what one feels the malignity that envelops the hidden personality of the Taureg, and at times it is surprisingly easy to recall the death-dealing spear that traversed Reygasse's tent one silent night, or the tombs of Palat and Douls and Flatters, far out in the sands, or what is far more tragic because of its nearness to me, the passing of some of my own brave comrades, killed by Taureg as I write these lines.

    In December, 1928, after Prorok's sojourn with the Tauregs, his friends, General Clavery and Captains Debenne, Pasquet, and Resset were massacred on the road to Beni Abbes. A few months later 83 French officers and men were killed by the Tauregs at Ain Yacoub.

    One reason Prorok lingered with the Tauregs was that he wanted to find the tomb of their queen, Tin Hinan, which would contain clues to the Taureg's mysterious origin. On October 18, 1927, he found the tomb. He had to excavate in a hurry, however, before the Tauregs realized whose tomb it was. With only a few companions, out of food and almost out of water, he dug. Near the top of the tomb they found Roman coins from the time of Emperor Constantine and other relics from the faraway Mediterranean. Then they found the queen herself:

    Around the queen's neck was the extraordinary spectacle of over three hundred precious and semiprecious stones, all of which became beautiful indeed when we washed them and placed them in the brilliant sunshine to dry. But the thing that astonished us most, as our trembling hands uncovered object after object, was the amazing collection of bracelets on the arms of the queen. On the right arm we found nine huge solid gold bracelets, of a weight quite surprising. On the left arm were eight solid silver bracelets of exactly the same design...


    Some of this material is also covered in the author's In Quest of Lost Worlds (1935), but Prorok goes into far better (and different) detail here. Mysterious Sahara is a book you will probably read more than once.


    I can't find anything older than this book that details Kealey/Watt's description of them better than this. But there are some problems. Here they're associated with the Taureg, which is still a present day Berber culture in North Africa. Kealey had mentioned that the Berbers are remnants of the cromagnon, but in Prorok's book they're described as "living Neanderthals." Which isn't such a bad contradiction if you consider that perhaps the Neanderthals brought them in first, then left them behind has Kealey mention the Thalers had done this to other groups before. But another contradiction is that this author talks about the Taureg's queen, which is problematic cause it would imply matriarchy (unless she was one of those "males on the inside" ones). So make of it what you will.
    avatar
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

    Number of posts : 1111
    Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Location : Here Be Dragons

    Re: The Taureg (Troglodytes): Men Who Were Veils

    Post by Lucid Memes on Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:56 pm

    That's awesome Warren. be sure to let us know how your research goes Wink


    _________________
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    avatar
    splinters
    Yellow Belt
    Yellow Belt

    Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-04-15

    Re: The Taureg (Troglodytes): Men Who Were Veils

    Post by splinters on Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:34 am


    Around the queen's neck was the extraordinary spectacle of over three hundred precious and semiprecious stones, all of which became beautiful indeed when we washed them and placed them in the brilliant sunshine to dry. But the thing that astonished us most, as our trembling hands uncovered object after object, was the amazing collection of bracelets on the arms of the queen. On the right arm we found nine huge solid gold bracelets, of a weight quite surprising. On the left arm were eight solid silver bracelets of exactly the same design...

    Im not well versed with the trog/tuareg thing, but AW had referred to a global merchant/banking network that might have existed over 5-3 thousand years ago. They were so skillful they could raid Egyptian tombs and dwellings, have the gold in their offshore storage overnight using a series of horses, melt the gold down, then come back to the area with coin!
    avatar
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

    Number of posts : 1111
    Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Location : Here Be Dragons

    Re: The Taureg (Troglodytes): Men Who Were Veils

    Post by Lucid Memes on Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:55 pm

    That sounds similar to what Watt said about the Phoenicians

    Hi Folks, I’m Alan Watt, filling in for John Stadtmiller, who’s off I think to the Washington march that’s going on this weekend. Before the break I was mentioning how the ancient elites, just to validate themselves over the peasantry, would always claim to be descended from the gods. Very impressive of course, if you keep an illiterate population in the dark and you tell them fantastic stories, until after a few generations they come to believe you and treat you like deities and gods. It’s not much different than today. Those who rule in this system are technically psychopathic by nature. They’re not only psychopathic by nature, they’re inbred psychopaths who’ve run a system down through the ages of owning commerce and money – money itself being a strange creation altogether. It came between people who would barter; it was the third element. Very quickly the one who introduced the money became dominant over the two people who did the bartering and eventually he owned their supplies of that which they bartered with, and they became merchant bankers.

    Merchant Bankers go all the way back to the Phoenicians. Lots of documentation has been done on the Phoenicians, where they made deals with certain little countries to go to war with other countries, countries that wouldn’t let the Phoenicians come in to trade. The Phoenicians had a form of free trade set up on those countries they already dominated and wherever they went they brought the same coinage with them. It didn’t matter whose head was stamped on it, as long as it was the same weight and purity. They also would demand that captured soldiers in wars that they would finance be handed over to them for slaves and they used them to work their gold mines, some as far away as the Ural Mountains. They were everywhere, these people, and they also ran the trade routes. For centuries they brought tin in from Cornwall in England in through the Mediterranean. Tin was used to mix with copper to make bronze for the weapons and they owned the plants that made the weapons of ancient times too. Yet they kept it secret, all these sources of their goods and minerals were kept secret from everybody else and every other trader for centuries because they had a form of brotherhood, fraternity, sworn to secrecy.

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


    _________________
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    warrenBbull
    Orange Belt
    Orange Belt

    Number of posts : 80
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

    Re: The Taureg (Troglodytes): Men Who Were Veils

    Post by warrenBbull on Fri May 01, 2009 1:16 am

    I've got this book, already on like, chapter 4..... It's a very very good book, I certainly recommend this book..... Some of his claims seem like they might be a little bit off, but I think there's still a lot of truth in there too.....

    Here's the downside of Prorock's material, he wastes too much time romanticizing needlessly just to fill up space on a page, and takes himself way too seriously at times. And it gets a bit annoying.... He also comes off as some sort of Christian fundamentalist (or that is the impression I pick up anyhow).. An almost child-like bliss... But if you can hang in there with it, there is a lot of interesting information to be found in here...

    Well GK says that neanderthallers are very physically weak, but in this book theyr very large and powerful, superhuman almost... I heard Prorock was an inquiring sci fi writer who went along looking for material to write a story..... So how much of what he's saying is true, I am not certain.... But I'm sure some of this stuff adds up somewhere.... I wish I had access to some of the photographs he claims they took on his expedition... Are those photographs available anywhere online, or in any other books perhaps?
    avatar
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

    Number of posts : 1111
    Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Location : Here Be Dragons

    Re: The Taureg (Troglodytes): Men Who Were Veils

    Post by Lucid Memes on Fri May 01, 2009 1:37 pm

    I figured you analysis is correct Warren. When I was reading book reviews from Prorock, people were complaining about his ability to over-exaggerate tails, making things larger than life. I guess it was a characteristic of the archaeologists and explorers of his time period. These same characteristics are found in fictional characters like India Jones and whatnot lol.

    warrenBbull wrote:Well GK says that neanderthallers are very physically weak, but in this book theyr very large and powerful, superhuman almost...

    That could be problematic, but I do remember Watt said that when the troglodytes interbred with humans, the offspring became very aggressive and warlike.


    Last edited by Preston on Fri May 01, 2009 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    warrenBbull
    Orange Belt
    Orange Belt

    Number of posts : 80
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

    Re: The Taureg (Troglodytes): Men Who Were Veils

    Post by warrenBbull on Fri May 01, 2009 2:06 pm

    Preston wrote:I figured you analysis is correct Warren. When I was reading book reviews from Prorock, people were complaining about his ability to over over-exaggerate tails, making things larger than life. I guess it was a characteristic of the archaeologists and explores of his time period. These same characteristics are found in fictional characters like India Jones and whatnot lol.

    warrenBbull wrote:Well GK says that neanderthallers are very physically weak, but in this book theyr very large and powerful, superhuman almost...

    That could be problematic, but I do remember Watt said that when the troglodytes interbred with humans, the offspring became very aggressive and warlike.


    That fits well, because I do not think the tauregs are full-bred neanderthals.... I think they have a strong component of neanderthal genetics, mixed in with normal human genetics..... Most likely the tauregs are the direct descendants of homo sapien/neanderthaler hybridization. And the Berbers are probably the next most recent relatives. Also, Prorok claims Tauregs to be a "great white race" of the Sahara, but the pics I see, the tauregs appear to be black (not that that means anything short of discrediting Prorok)... Here check out this wiki article, it'll give you stuff to look up:

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    warrenBbull
    Orange Belt
    Orange Belt

    Number of posts : 80
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

    Re: The Taureg (Troglodytes): Men Who Were Veils

    Post by warrenBbull on Fri May 01, 2009 2:11 pm

    This leaves many possibilities and questions circling in my mind as to the trogs interbreeding with homo sapiens.... In shades of Huxley's "Brave New World", they are perhaps breeding different types of humans for different purposes..... Another possibility to consider is that they might be mixing their genes with homo sapiens in order to compensate for potential physical weaknesses (as GK says that they have), to strengthen their own race by inter-breeding it with homo sapiens....

    warrenBbull
    Orange Belt
    Orange Belt

    Number of posts : 80
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

    my thoughts on the taureg

    Post by warrenBbull on Sun May 03, 2009 2:52 pm

    Tauregs are not neanderthalers, but they are half neanderthal. They are a hybrid race. The Berbers are their closest homo sapien relatives... In fact, it is possible that the tauregs are a hybrid of Neanderthaler/Berber.

    This *could* fit into what Glen says, about the neanderthalers, trogs, w/e you wanna call them, being physically weak.... Two possibilities instantly come to mind, it seems likely that they are potentially breeding different types of humans, in this case by hybreeding with them (in shades of Huxley's Brave New World), perhaps they are using them as some sort of guardians?.... Another thing to consider is, **IF** what Glen says about the trogs being physically weak is true, they might be trying to strengthen their own race by mixing it with homo sapiens.... This would explain why the Tauregs are depicted as damn near super-human.

    Also interesting to note, the tauregs appear to be followers of some strain of Islam..... So from here I can gather that they'r not but so far in any know.... In other words theyr just puppets like any other people.
    avatar
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

    Number of posts : 1111
    Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Location : Here Be Dragons

    Re: The Taureg (Troglodytes): Men Who Were Veils

    Post by Lucid Memes on Sun May 03, 2009 5:03 pm

    Thanks Warren. That's an interesting perspective into this. Half breeds created to serve as a guardian class?

    For some reason, that makes me think of Plato's republic.

    The Philosopher-Kings protected by the guardians. This may have happened my quite a few different cultures as well.


    _________________
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    warrenBbull
    Orange Belt
    Orange Belt

    Number of posts : 80
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

    Re: The Taureg (Troglodytes): Men Who Were Veils

    Post by warrenBbull on Mon May 04, 2009 11:46 pm

    Preston wrote:Thanks Warren. That's an interesting perspective into this. Half breeds created to serve as a guardian class?

    For some reason, that makes me think of Plato's republic.

    The Philosopher-Kings protected by the guardians. This may have happened my quite a few different cultures as well.


    What sort of materials have you gathered or quotes do you have from books, or anything to share on this subject Preston? This is getting very interesting indeed, I get the feeling we might be onto something here.
    avatar
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

    Number of posts : 1111
    Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Location : Here Be Dragons

    Re: The Taureg (Troglodytes): Men Who Were Veils

    Post by Lucid Memes on Fri May 08, 2009 1:15 am

    What made me think of Plato's Republic is the concept of the guardians ruling the republic. The guardians comprised of a small intellectual ruling group (the philosopher kings) surrounded by a eugenically bred warrior caste

    What a lot of people don't know, is that The Republic was based on Sparta. Plato was descended from the Thirty Tyrants that conquered Athens and suppressed its democracy for a small period of time. This explains why democracy was one of the forms of government he opposed. It also explains why he was so concerned for having elite warriors protect people like himself and was a strong advocate for a eugenically controlled society.

    A similar system probably occurred in ancient India. Plato's Republic also largely influenced the communist governments in more recent times. What appealed to them was Plato's concept of forcefully imposing "the right way to live life" (or what they believe to be right) on the masses who didn't know better. They also liked how the Spartan system forbid any usage of money, of which they later adopted.


    _________________
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    warrenBbull
    Orange Belt
    Orange Belt

    Number of posts : 80
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

    Re: The Taureg (Troglodytes): Men Who Were Veils

    Post by warrenBbull on Fri May 08, 2009 12:57 pm

    Yeah, very interesting, and true too....

    Sponsored content

    Re: The Taureg (Troglodytes): Men Who Were Veils

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:51 pm